10 Traits of Successful Entrepreneurs
So, what does it take to launch a successful company anyway? There’s more to it than just a good idea and some start-up cash. Sure, those things are important, but there are also personal qualities that many successful entrepreneurs share. Here are ten of them:
1. Passionate About Their ideas: That’s right…if you expect others to buy into your big idea, you’d better love it yourself. Besides, you may spend weeks, months, or even years growing your business from the ground up, so the more passion you have for your idea the better!
2. Willing to Take Risks: Ever heard the saying, “there are no guarantees?” That couldn’t be truer when it comes to creating a company. There are lots of risks and no guarantee of success. But then there’s that other saying, “the greater the risk, the greater reward…”
3. Hard Working: Building something from nothing takes lots of energy and commitment to doing what it takes to reach your goals.
4. Willing to Boldly Self-Promote: Entrepreneurs have to be willing to toot their own horn through social media, networking, marketing efforts and more to bring attention to their business and get others excited about helping it grow.
5. Organized: Since entrepreneurs often wear many, if not all, hats in their business (from creative director and chief financial officer to director of marketing and intern), being supremely organized will go a long way.
6. Adaptable: You know that song by Bob Dylan, The Times They Are A Changing? Well, they are! Being willing to reexamine your idea and adapt it depending on what’s happening in the market is key when it comes to keeping your idea on the money (pun intended).
7. Optimistic: Starting a business is hard work and the road to success may be long and twisty, so it only makes sense that insecurities and fears may creep in from time to time. Having a positive attitude can keep you going even when facing challenges and doubts.
8. Good at Making Connections: Some say that when it comes to being successful, it’s all about who you know. We’re not sure if that’s everything, but we do believe that connecting with influential people who support your idea can only help your business thrive!
9. Visionary: Many entrepreneurs have a very strong image of what they’re hoping to accomplish through bringing their idea to life, as well as how their can impact society at large. It is this vision that keeps them going no matter what.
10. Confidence: Like the little train that could, believing you can do it is more important than how much money you have, how big your idea is, or how many people you have helping you out. Believe in yourself and you’ll be amazed at how things will come back to you full circle!